Twenty4Seven are looking to recruit 2 SEN Teaching Assistants for a primary school in Rowley Regis. This outstanding school need candidates who are committed and willing to put in the time and effort with these pupils. Both of the roles are working 1:1 with children in year 2. Successful candidates must be confident and have experience working with children with Autism. Candidates must also be available to work full time hours, Monday to Friday. Both of these roles are temporary but could be permanent if the right candidate is placed.
• Experience with SEND children
• Calm, caring, considerate, compassionate and most of all be patient.
• Understanding of key issues like challenging behaviour, and safeguarding
• willing to have a child and adult DBS check
• Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
• Team Teach desirable but not a must
• Communication and language experience desirable but not a must
Typical duties of a SEND Teaching Assistant:
• Attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement related personal programmes
• Supervise and support pupils in access of learning
• Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Support Plans and Personal Care programmes.
• Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher.
• Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils’ achievement, progress, problems etc.
• Personal care
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
• Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
• Competitive rates of pay
• Up to £100 referral scheme*
• CPD courses
• A variety of daily positions with flexible hours across the school week
• Long term positions to suit your needs
• Opportunities to progress in your career
• Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
Twenty4seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. Therefore, this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.