We are working with a specialist school in Bromsgrove who are seeking to appoint a 1:1 teaching assistant to support a year 8 child who has been diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and displays a high level of anxiety.
This is a full time long term role due to commence as soon as possible.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience supporting students/children with special needs, particularly ASD. This can be personal or professional experience.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Support a year 8 SEN student academically
• Use Autism specific learning resources
• Supporting and encouraging the student when they are feeling anxious
• Assisting the student to work towards their tailored curriculum
• Assistance with social skills, making relationships etc
• Personal or professional experience working with children/students that have SEN
• Personal or professional experience working with children/students with ASD
• The ability to encourage and inspire students
• Have a right to work in the UK
• Up to date DBS or willing to complete one
• Available to work full time, Monday – Friday term time only
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including reference checks, and will need to have a DBS.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!