To work alongside the Attendance Officer to undertake all administrative tasks associated with the recording, management and monitoring of attendance.
Please note, this role will also include supervising students in the library from 2pm – 4:30pm.
• To ensure the electronic registration system is updated daily investigating any missing data with class teachers.
• To record student absences and late arrivals on SIMS, maintaining accurate attendance records.
• To act as the initial point of contact for parents regarding attendance issues – providing routine advice as required and explaining attendance expectations to parents in accordance with school policies.
• To make initial enquiries with parents and carers regarding unexplained absences / lateness – including first day calling / texting.
• To issue parent letters, as directed.
• To process and action pupil holiday requests.
• To issue routine correspondence to parents regarding attendance / absence requests in accordance with school procedure.
• Comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• Support the Attendance Officer and other departments (when required) with other general administration tasks.
The Candidate will:
· Have a minimum of GCSE English and Maths, Grade4 (C) or above
· Experience of working in a busy, sometimes pressurised, office environment.
· Excellent people skills with an ability to build and form good relationships with students, colleagues and other professionals
· Ability to organise tasks with minimum supervision
· Ability to deal with unexpected and/or difficult situations
· Ability to use own initiative as well as work proactively as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the need to communicate effectively with colleagues, students, other professionals
· Good standard of numeracy and literacy skills
· Ability to absorb and understand a wide range of information
· Ability to manage and deal with confidential data and/or issues appropriately
· Excellent IT skills with clear working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint, databases and internet systems
· Have a positive approach with a desire to succeed
· Energy, enthusiasm and perseverance
· Reliability and integrity
· Good interpersonal skills
· Professional appearance and manner
· Positive commitment to individual personal development
· Capacity to work hard, under pressure, to meet deadlines and manage time effectively
· Adaptable and amenable with respect to working practices
· Ability to work independently and in a team, take a collaborative approach
· Ability to build supportive working relationships with colleagues
· Commitment to supporting the full life of the school
· Have the ability to relate well to children and adults, understanding their needs and being able to respond accordingly
· Suitable to work with children
· A commitment to inclusive education
What you need to do now:
· If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
· Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
· Start your career and change lives by working in Education – apply now!