Design Technology Technician
Design Technology Technician – Perfect position for new graduates – Slough – Secondary School with Academy Status – ‘Good’ Ofsted rating – ASAP – Permanent
Twenty 4 Seven Education are looking for a part time (25 hours) Technician to join our outstanding secondary schools Design Technology Department. The candidate will be hard-working, flexible and willing to learn. The role will support teachers in the delivery of Design Technology encouraging students in the understanding of their subjects.
The daily responsibilities are likely to include any of the following:
• the preparation of materials for teaching and learning in the DT area;
• the general use, upkeep and maintenance of all equipment to meet current health and safety requirements;
to maintain and replenish stock of materials and equipment including preparation of IT and reprographic resources;
• support the teaching staff in preparing a safe, clean and pleasant learning environment;
• support teachers and individual students within the classroom as appropriate.
• supporting, when required, the Technician in the Art Department
The successful candidate should be able to use their own initiative and work within a team. The applicant does not necessarily need to be skilled in all areas above, but a willingness to learn and an open mind are important. Training will be provided.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
• ability to stay calm and always treat everyone with respect;
• good timekeeping and organisational skills;
• ability to relate effectively to colleagues, students, parents and suppliers;
• confident and safe user of machinery and equipment;
• hold a current, valid Wood Machinist Health & Safety qualification (desirable) or be willing to undertake training;
• confident user of IT and willing to learn new areas.
How to Apply – Design Technology Technician – Slough
If you would like additional information on this Design Technology Technician role then we would ask you to please contact Cherie at Twenty 4 Seven Education on (phone number removed) for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, please email your CV.