Exams Officer – Slough – – full-time – – High achieving diverse school
Twenty 4 Seven Education are looking for an organised, energetic Examinations Officer to join our fantastic secondary school as soon as possible. The successful candidate will be willing to develop the knowledge to be responsible for exams, to support our students to achieve the best outcomes.
About the School – Exams Officer – Slough
Our school is a co-educational 11-18 selective school with academy status, located within easy reach of a train station and the M4. The school was inspected by Ofsted in November 2021, and was graded outstanding in all categories. They have approximately 900 students. The school is heavily over-subscribed and draws students from a wide geographical area and range of backgrounds. Alongside promoting excellent academic outcomes, their school ethos supports students to become confident and well rounded, independent and creative, responsible and caring.
About the Role – Exams Officer – Slough
· To raise pupil attainment by supporting the quality of provision in Teaching & Learning by the organisation and running of an effective and efficient examinations programme during the school year
· To be responsible for managing the effective and efficient administration of all external and internal examinations in accordance with the JCQ regulations and/or all awarding body rules for exam administration, in a consistent and secure fashion to ensure the integrity of the assessment process is maintained.
· To support the Head of Centre in ensuring that the centre is compliant with JCQ regulations and awarding body requirements in order to ensure the security and integrity of all examinations/assessments at all times.
· Pay £120-130 per day. 37 hours per week (Monday to Thursday 8.00am to 4.00pm, 3.30pm on Friday) and half an hour lunch break (unpaid). Hours of work during the examination periods would need to be flexible – the post holder will be expected to take off time in lieu during quieter periods. Term-time only plus insets and additional 10 days to be worked during school closure (to include 6 days during the summer holidays).
The ideal candidate:
· Enhanced DBS on the update service
· Experience of organising and prioritising work (including working under pressure)
· Experience of using Office 365 to an intermediate level
· Ability to find solutions to administrative problems
· Excellent and meticulous organisational skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the need to communicate effectively with colleagues, students and other professionals.
· Confident telephone skills
· Good understanding of SIMS – including the ability to produce reports and statistics
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 For All Referral Scheme – £100 for referrer and £100 for referred candidate (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, British Sign Language certification, Mental wellbeing of children certification and Paediatric first aid
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Early notification of training/courses/workshops
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.