Twenty 4 Seven are seeking to appoint an experienced, committed, and enthusiastic SEN Teaching Assistant to support within Rochester. This role is ideal for those who genuinely have a passion for helping children, particularly with learning difficulties, and also a fantastic opportunity for those considering a career in teaching to gain valuable first-hand experience.
Candidates who are appointed will receive full support and training from colleagues and teachers.
The main aim of this role is to support our teachers to deliver academic excellence, day in, day out, with professionalism and enthusiasm. This will involve providing a comprehensive support service to the academy including:
• Assisting students with their educational and social development, on an individual and group basis
• Providing support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities
• Assisting teachers with the maintenance of student records
• Building and maintaining successful relationships with students, whilst treating them with respect and consideration
• Provide expertise to deliver a personalised curriculum for each pupil’s learning
• Work together with families and other agencies to ensure every pupil is valued, challenged and supported
• Have the highest expectation that every pupil will make sustained academic and personal progress
• Ensure that every pupil is ready for the next steps in their learning and is supported to participate in, and contribute to, life in modern Britain
Each and every member of staff, regardless of their position or seniority, is expected to participate in the overall running of the school and to act as a positive role model for our students. In and out of the classroom you will encourage and promote positive behaviour and effectively manage any situation that threatens to impact on the progress of other students.
What are we looking for in you?
Applicants will have previous experience of working with young people, either in an academic setting or as a voluntary worker. You will be educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) in literacy and numeracy. You will be committed to personal learning and development and have a sincere commitment to sharing our long-term aims and drive for continuous improvement. In return, we will offer you a professional and supportive team, a state of the art working environment and a genuine opportunity to develop.
We feel it is important to hire for the right attitude which is why we look for support assistants that are enthusiastic, focused and resilient to the day to day pressures that the classroom brings.
The ideal candidate:
• ** Will have experience working with SEN children
• ** Demonstrate positive behaviour management
• ** Good communication and organisation skills
• ** Right to work in the UK
• ** Enhanced DBS on the Update Service. Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!