This position is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding and inspirational Science teacher, to join our dynamic Science Team. The post will involve teaching Key Stage 3, GCSE Science, and A- Level.
This post would ideally suit a teacher who wishes to work with highly motivated, extremely engaged, enthusiastic and able learners. If you are keen to develop further as a practitioner and wish to extend your repertoire of teaching and learning strategies, then this role would be a perfect fit for you. In addition to the opportunities to develop your practice within the classroom, the school offers an extensive range of professional development support including a bespoke package for those interested in working towards their next career step.
The ideal candidate will:
· Qualified Teacher Status
· Degree or equivalent
· Experience within a similar role
· Outstanding classroom teacher and tutor sustained performance securing very good student outcomes
· The ability to teach biology, chemistry and physics to GCSE Level
· The ability to teach a science to A-Level
· Able to communicate effectively
· Able to consistently demonstrate effective planning for practical lessons to help support the delivery of outstanding lessons
· Confident in own ability to be effective and to take on challenges
· Ability to relate well to students, colleagues, parents and Governors
· Effective behaviour management
· Able to support students in maintaining high standards
· Efficient and effective administrative, organisational and personal management skills
· Ability to inspire, challenge and motivate students
· Have a positive approach to education with a desire to succeed
· Energy, enthusiasm and perseverance
· Reliability and integrity
· Good interpersonal skills
· Professional appearance and manner
· Positive commitment to individual personal development
· Capacity to work hard, under pressure, to meet deadlines and manage time effectively
· A good record of attendance
· Adaptable and amenable with respect to working practices
· Ability to work independently and in a team, take a collaborative approach
· Ability to build supportive working relationships with colleagues
· Commitment to supporting the full life of the school
· Suitable to work with children
· A commitment to inclusive education
This School is located on two sites; Tonbridge and Sevenoaks. The successful candidate will
be required to work across both sites.
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Start your career and change lives by working in Education – apply now!