1-1 Teaching Assistant – Smethwick
SEN Specialism: 1-1 ASC
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Ongoing – Full-Time
Pay Rate: £75-£85 per day
We are urgently looking for a passionate and hard-working 1-1 ASC Teaching Assistant for a Primary School in Smethwick to join their team, starting ASAP on an ongoing basis.
You MUST be able to commute to Smethwick on a full-time basis (Mon-Fri 8:30-3:30).
This job will require you to assist the teacher in providing an exciting and engaging curriculum, as well as supporting a child identified with Autism (ASC). You will be encouraging a positive and inclusive atmosphere within the classroom, which will positively influence the emotional, social and academic development of the children.
This forward-thinking Primary School located in Smethwick caters for students aged 3-11 and are inclusive to students identified with Special Educational Needs (SEN). Their curriculum is designed to recognise the children’s prior learning, providing a happy, exciting and friendly, yet disciplined environment where every child matters. Every child valued and encouraged to do their best. They aim to ensure every child develops into a confident, caring and independent young person. They endeavour to develop each child’s self-esteem and confidence enabling them to become active and valued members of the community by addressing their following aims; standards, quality, efficiency and ethos. They insist on high standards of work, behaviour, attendance and uniform. While respecting and caring for each other, their resources and environment help the pupils develop their moral, spiritual, social and cultural understanding to achieve good standards in their relationships.
Ideal Candidate will:
· Have a recognised Teaching Assistant Qualification would be advantageous.
· Have a minimum of 3 months experience working in an education setting, working with students with Special Educational Needs – Especially Autism (ASC).
· Have experience using communication methods; such as British Sign Language (BSL) and Makaton would be desirable
· Have an enhanced DBS certificate registered to the update service or willing to pay and apply for a new certificate.
· Have the ability to tailor their skills to meet the needs of each individual child.
· Be kind, caring and patient when dealing with children who require specialist support.
What to do next?
Register your interest with Twenty4Seven Education today by contacting Elizabeth/Sophie from our Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 or e-mail an up-to-date CV to email@example.com.
Key Benefits of working with Twenty4Seven Education:
· Competitive rates of pay
· Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
· FREE Safeguarding Training
· £100 For All Referral Scheme
· Early notification of Training/Courses/Workshops
· FREE or heavily discounted CPD Courses (Level 2 TA Course, BSL Certification, Mental Wellbeing of Children Certification and Paediatric First Aid Course)
· Minimal Administration
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks