Twenty 4 Seven Education are currently seeking a full time Teaching Assistant for a ‘Good’ Ofsted rated Secondary School in Rugby. This role is to start January and it is a temp to perm contract.
The role is to work 1:1 with a pupil who has experienced early childhood trauma and difficult experiences. Therefore, we a are seeking a caring and compassionate Teaching Assistant who ideally has experience working with pupils who have suffered trauma.
- Support the pupil in the classroom and possibly around the school
- Help the pupil to access the curriculum and possibly tailor the activity to the pupils’ level of ability
- Be a reassuring presence and emotional support for the student
- Support the pupil with their emotional and behavioural needs
- Build a strong relationship with the pupil and teaching staff to ensure that the pupil is achieving their potential
- Promote a caring and safe learning environment
The ideal candidate:
- Level 2 or higher Teaching Assistant qualification is desirable but not essential
- Teaching Assistant/Youth Worker experience
- Experience with SEMH, Trauma, Sensory Processing and/or Social Communication
- Knowledge of ACES (Adverse Childhood Experiences)
- A flexible, patient and resourceful approach
- Ability to build strong and meaningful relationships
- Strong positive reinforcement behaviour management skills
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
- Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
- Competitive rates of pay
- £100 referral scheme*
- FREE CPD courses
- Opportunities to progress in your career
- Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.