Art and Photography Teacher – Nuneaton – ASAP
Twenty 4 Seven Education are working with a thriving Secondary School in Nuneaton who are looking for a full time Art and Photography Teacher, to start with them ASAP until the end of the academic year (July 2022.)
This ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rated Secondary School equally values achievement in all forms: artistic, academic, social, cultural, sporting and intellectual. Their wide curriculum gives scope for students to express preferences and enhance their abilities. They are strongly committed to ensuring that all of the young people in their care make excellent academic progress and they take great pride in securing both impressive progress and high attainment for their students, whatever their starting points. This School is amongst the highest-achieving non-selective comprehensive schools in Warwickshire and performs within the top 15% of Schools nationally.
The Art Department comprises of six purpose built rooms; each includes imaginative display, which share past and current pupils’ projects creating a dynamic and stimulating learning environment. They are lucky enough to have their own ICT suite; this is predominately used for GCSE Photography. The curriculum has been designed to cover all four Assessment Objectives (AOs) that are covered at GCSE and A-Level to allow a smooth transition to these pathways. They intend to motivate, inspire and challenge pupils in all areas of art, craft and design.
Your new role:
You will need to plan and deliver high-quality lessons that engage, inspire and challenge KS3 and KS4 pupils. A high-quality art and design education should equip pupils with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design. As pupils progress, they should be able to think critically and develop a more rigorous understanding of art and design. They should also know how art and design both reflect and shape our history, and contribute to the culture, creativity and wealth of our nation.
A good inspirational photography curriculum brings out the innate creativity of the students, builds their interpretative and technical skills, and enhances their understanding of the power of photography to communicate their perspectives of the world. To do so, the curriculum should incorporate four main ingredients: history, techniques, aesthetics, and practice.
The ideal candidate:
* Hold a UK recognised teaching qualification (QTS/QLTS)
* Have good subject knowledge and experience of teaching across KS3 and KS4 in a UK school setting (KS5 is advantageous but not essential)
* A passion for the subject and the ability to share this with young people
* Be able to plan and deliver engaging lessons
* The ability to motivate students and achieve excellent results
* An awareness of effective assessment and use of data to track student progress
* Good communication skills
* Strong classroom and behaviour management
* A valid enhanced DBS check on the update service (or be willing to process one with us)
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
* Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
* Competitive rates of pay
* £100 referral scheme (uncapped)*
* FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses
* FREE Safeguarding training
* Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.