Casual SEN Teaching Assistant – North Birmingham – September
Location: Lea Hall, Handsworth, Erdington, Kingstanding, Sutton Coldfield, Castle Bromwich and surrounding areas
In preparation for the new academic year starting September and to fulfil the demand for daily and short term cover, we are now recruiting enthusiastic, caring, resilient and reliable Teaching Assistants for SEN Schools in North Birmingham.
Whether, you are a Teaching Assistant who is available part time or full time, every week or every couple of weeks – your experienced friendly consultant will be committed in finding you supply work to suit your needs! We welcome applications from qualified Teaching Assistants or those with child related experience.
Register your interest today with Twenty4Seven Education by calling Katie/Allan from the Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 or email an up to date CV to email@example.com.
* A recognised Teaching Assistant qualification – CACHE Level 2/3 Certificate in Support Teaching and Learning or equivalent would be advantageous but not essential
* Experience of supporting pupils identified with having special educational needs including Moderate/Severe/Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (MLD/SLD/PMLD), Complex Needs, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs (SEMH)
* Experience of assisting with the development and implementation of Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP) is desirable
* Good knowledge of the National Curriculum
* Have high expectations of students to ensure they reach their full potential
* Experience of using communication aids such as British Sign Language, Makaton or PECS is desirable
* Have the ability to effectively manage behaviour using positive strategies
* Minimum of 3 months child related experience is essential for this role
* Enhanced DBS registered to the update service or willingness to obtain a new certificate
* Professional reference checks including a child relevant experience
* Legal right to work in the UK
* Excellent knowledge of safeguarding children and young adults – you will need an up to date Safeguarding Training Certificate (we provide FREE Safeguarding Training)
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
**£100 referral scheme for both you and those you recommend (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, British Sign Language certification, Mental wellbeing of children certification and Paediatric first aid
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Early notification of training/courses/workshops
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.