English Teacher – Birmingham
School: Secondary – English
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Ongoing – Full-Time
Pay Rate: £140 -180 per day
A Secondary School in Birmingham is looking for a dedicated English Teacher to join their team on a full-time basis, starting in January. You must be experienced and able to teach English to secondary aged students.
You will be responsible for adjusting your teaching methods and the existing curriculum to meet the needs of each individual child. It is important that you help and inspire the children to help them reach their true academic potential!
If this interests you, please contact Elle/Charlie from the Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 or email an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This forward-thinking Secondary School located in Birmingham caters for students aged 11-18. This School is ambitious in its aspirations for all students. They work within their community to ensure they break down and remove all barriers to success. They consider all their students their ‘City Lights’, as they will illuminate all our futures. Their mission is to nurture their students, ensuring they shine in society, as our leaders of tomorrow. Their successful futures depend on the development of their ‘sparkle’ each and every day.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
· PGCE, Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training is essential for this role
· Experience teaching English is essential
· Minimum 1 years’ experience working with children and young people in the last 5 years including those identified with special needs – particularly those identified with Autism and MLD/SLD
· Experience of adhering and contributing to Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP), Annual Reviews and Behaviour Support Plans
· Excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum
· Experience of using communication aids such as British Sign Language, Makaton or PECS is advantageous but not essential
· Enhanced DBS registered or willing to acquire a new certificate
· Can effectively manage behaviour using positive behaviour strategies
· The ability to tailor their skills to meet the needs of each individual child
· Will be kind, caring and patient when dealing with children who require specialist support
What to do next?
As stated before, please register your interest with Twenty4Seven Education by contacting Elle/Charlie from the Birmingham Office on 0121 817 0400, or send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com.
Key Benefits of working with Twenty4Seven Education:
· Competitive rates of pay
· Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
· FREE Safeguarding Training
· £100 For All Referral Scheme
· Early notification of Training/Courses/Workshops
· FREE or heavily discounted CPD Courses (Level 2 TA Course, BSL Certification, Mental Wellbeing of Children Certification and Paediatric First Aid Course)
· Minimal Administration
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.