English Teacher – Coventry – September
* Start date – September
* Contract – Full time, Temp to Perm
* Salary – Main Pay Scale (M1-U3)
* Location – Coventry
Twenty 4 Seven Education have an amazing opportunity for an exceptional, personable and qualified English Teacher to teach at a Secondary School in Coventry. This full time role is to start September on temp to perm contract.
This school is a fully inclusive comprehensive school. Their ethos centres around improving the life chances of all their students. They believe it is their responsibility to work with every individual, challenging them to achieve their best and supporting them to become responsible young adults who leave school prepared for the next stage in their development.
Your new role:
You will need to plan and deliver inspirational English lessons to pupils, teaching pupils to speak and write fluently so that they can communicate their ideas and emotions to others and through their reading and listening, others can communicate with them. Through reading in particular, pupils have a chance to develop culturally, emotionally, intellectually, socially and spiritually. You will then need to monitor and assess pupils using effective assessment to ensure pupils progress.
The ideal candidate:
* Hold a relevant teaching qualification with QTS/QTLS, such as a PGCE, BEd Hons or a BA Hons with English as a discipline
* Have good subject knowledge and experience of teaching across KS3 and KS4 in a UK school setting (KS5 is advantageous)
* Promote high standards of language and literacy
* Understand the requirements for high quality teaching and have a desire to positively impact students learning and achieve highly
* Have excellent administration skills and an ability to meet deadlines
* Have good interpersonal skills
* Have excellent communication skills (verbally and written)
* Be a positive team player with a strong commitment to professional development
* Strong classroom and behaviour management
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 referral scheme (uncapped)*
** FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Opportunities to progress in your career
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 and ask for Katie/Charlie for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.