English Teacher – Solihull – January Start
Can you make the classroom an engaging place for learning, whilst always demonstrating a positive attitude? Are you able to adapt to different learning styles and provide lessons tailored to specific groups?
Twenty 4 Seven Education have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, dedicated and qualified English Teacher to work within a Pupil Referral Unit in Solihull. You must have strong curriculum knowledge and be confident in your behaviour management skills. This full time role is to start January and it will be a temp to perm contract.
This innovative and caring Education Centre is a ‘Restorative’ School located in Solihull, Birmingham catering for pupils of all needs aged 11-16. Through the use of ‘Restorative Practice’ it enables those who have been harmed to convey the impact of the harm to those responsible and for those responsible to acknowledge this impact and take steps to put it right. The school has a dedicated team of both Teaching and Support Staff that work hard to reach high standards in everything they do. Staff understand the difficulties the pupils have accessing education. Pupils are encouraged to believe in their abilities to overcome their barriers to learning. The school ensures that the pupils are happy and confident learners so that they can achieve academically, socially and emotionally.
Your new role:
You will need to plan and deliver engaging English lessons, encouraging pupils to be curious about their learning. Inspire pupils to foster a passion for learning, where individual talents can be nurtured and knowledge retained. The School follows the National Curriculum where appropriate, although content is adapted to meet pupils’ needs. The development of life skills along with developing appropriate skills for the world of work are a key focus for all pupils as they move throughout the school. You will need to use both formative and summative assessment to ensure that each child makes maximum progress.
The ideal candidate:
- Hold a UK recognised teaching qualification (QTS/QLTS) with English as a discipline
- Have good subject knowledge and experience of teaching across KS3 and KS4 in a UK school setting
- Experience teaching in a Pupil Referral Unit is desirable but not essential
- Be able to plan, deliver and mark engaging lessons
- Flexibility and an adaptable manner, with an empathetic and patient attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management to fully utilise the sessions and give students the best support possible
- Strong classroom and behaviour management
- A valid enhanced DBS check on the update service (or be willing to process one with us)
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
- Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
- Competitive rates of pay
- Up to £125 referral scheme (uncapped)*
- FREE CPD courses
- Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.