Executive Assistant to the Principal – Coventry – ASAP
Hours – Monday to Friday (8:30am to 4:30pm) – 35 hours per week
A leading Independent School are seeking to appoint a full time permanent Executive Assistant to start ASAP. The role is to support the new Principal in the effective running and management of the Principal office through the provision of a secretarial and comprehensive administrative service including diary and correspondence management and the appropriate communication and interaction with all staff, pupils, parents and visitors.
If interested the School requires a completed application form no later than Friday 20th May.
This Independent Co-Educational Day School in Coventry caters for children aged 3 to 18 years old. The history of academic prowess, sporting spirit and musical passion is the foundation on which this school stands. This solid foundation, excellent teaching and extensive co-curricular opportunities means there is no limit to what pupils can achieve. This school is a community of learners, who will become the leaders of the future. They nurture the curiosity of their youngest pupils and encourage a love of learning as they progress through their educational journey with them.
Main activities and responsibilities:
* Act as a first point of contact within the school for staff, governors, parents and others seeking contact with the principal
* Assist the Principal in organising their administrative workload
* Maintain complex diary management for the Principal
* Arrange a variety of weekly meetings and when required take accurate notes
* Support the Senior Leadership Team in the organisation and detailed planning of special events such as parent/teacher meetings
* Maintain a high degree of confidentiality with regard to issues concerning members of staff and pupils
* Monitor spending and corresponding budgets working closely with the finance team
The ideal candidate:
* An impressive track record of performance as an Executive Assistant at a senior level, or in a similar role
* Educated to degree level (preferred) and/or relevant Business and Administration qualification
* General understanding of the educational sector, organisational structures, governance and inspection frameworks and the typical day-today, termly and year round academic and non-academic activities with a school
* Good understanding of administrative support functions and operating practice and procedure in schools (such as School Reception and Pupil Service functions)
* Evidence of exceptional planning, organising and multi-tasking skills
* Advanced computer and technical skills including excellent MS Office knowledge and proficient in iSams, Sims and iTrent
* Knowledge and understanding of the regulatory, statutory and legislative requirements to be met in an educational setting and the processes and procedures needed to ensure compliance and high levels of pastoral care and safeguarding
* A proven track record of strong leadership and management skills
* High levels of energy, personal drive and resilience
* Highly organised and excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* High levels of personal integrity, loyalty and trustworthiness
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now’, email email@example.com or call 0121 817 0400 to find out more.
You will need to complete an application form for this role, this will be sent to you via email after the initial telephone call with the consultant.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.