EYFS SEN Teacher – Selly Oak – January 2023
Location: Selly Oak, Birmingham
SEN specialism: ASD, SLD and SLCN
Start date: January 2023
Contract: Full Time – Temp to Perm
Pay rate: £110-160 per day
An innovative and nurturing Special Needs School in Selly Oak, Birmingham is seeking a full time passionate, creative, inspirational and qualified Teacher for a temp to perm role. This amazing opportunity is to start ASAP.
You will be expected to plan and deliver stimulating sessions to pupils in the Early Years Department who have been identified with Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and/or Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN).
** ECTs are welcome to apply!**
Register your interest today with Twenty4Seven Education by calling Katie/Allan from the Birmingham office.
This small, supportive and welcoming Special Needs School caters for pupils aged 3-11 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including ASD, SLD and SLCN. They aim to provide educational experiences that consider the individual needs of pupils, appropriate to their age and level of ability. They want pupils to leave the school with functional communication, be able to understand visual information within the community and develop a love of reading.
We are looking for qualified Teachers who:
* Have a passion for education and the ability to teach pupils (aged 3-5) in an exciting and engaging way
* Can plan and deliver high-quality, inventive and captivating activities to pupils with ASC, SLD and/or SLCN
* Have the ability to adhere and contribute to EHCPs, Annual Reviews and Behaviour Support Plans
* Have excellent up to date knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum and assessment
* Carry out observations and conduct ongoing formative assessments, to enable every child to fulfil their potential
* Experience of teaching a DfE validated Systematic Synthetic Phonics (SSP) Programme such as Read, Write Inc.
* Have a good understanding of child development and learning processes
* Have been involved in developing pupils’ reading skills by using words, signs, symbols and/or objects of reference is beneficial
* Have had experience of using communication aids such as Makaton and/or PECS is admirable
* Have excellent communication (verbal and written) and organisation skills
* Can demonstrate highly effective positive classroom and behaviour management in line with the School policy, to help pupils’ regulate their behaviour
* Have the ability to form positive professional relationships with young children and staff
* QTS, QTLS, PGCE or equivalent is essential for this role
* Minimum of 12 months teaching experience is essential for this role
* Have eligibility to work in the UK or be a UK resident
* Two teaching references covering the last 2 years
* Enhanced DBS registered to the update service or willingness to obtain a new certificate
* Safeguarding training within the last 12 months (if you haven’t we provide a free course once you’ve undergone our relevant compliance checks)
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 referral scheme for both you and those you recommend (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses including a certified British Sign Language certification, SEND certification, Mental Wellbeing of Children certification, Teaching Phonics Level 2 etc.
** Access to 1:1 Educational Support CPD sessions including Interview Preparation, Working with SEND, Lesson Planning, Behaviour Management etc.
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.