Food Technology Teacher – Coventry – ASAP
Twenty 4 Seven Education have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and qualified Food Technology Teacher to teach at a Secondary School in Coventry. This full time role is to start ASAP until July in the first instance.
As part of their work with food, pupils should be taught how to cook and apply the principles of nutrition and healthy eating. Instilling a love of cooking in pupils will also open a door to one of the great expressions of human creativity. Learning how to cook is a crucial life skill that enables pupils to feed themselves and others affordably and well, now and in later life.
This ‘Good’ Ofsted rated school exists to equip their students to live life in all its fullness by providing excellent education which is inclusive to all. They aim to provide a broad and ambitious curriculum that provides all students with the opportunity to flourish academically and achieve their full potential.
Your new role:
** You will need to plan and deliver engaging lessons to KS3/KS4 that encourage them to:
– Understand and apply the principles of nutrition and health
– Cook a repertoire of predominantly savoury dishes so that they are able to feed themselves and others a healthy and varied diet
– Become competent in a range of cooking techniques
– Understand the source, seasonality and characteristics of a broad range of ingredients
** You will then need to monitor and assess students to ensure they make maximum progress.
The ideal candidate:
* Hold a UK recognised teaching qualification (QTS/QLTS)
* Have good subject knowledge and experience of teaching across KS3 and KS4 in a UK school setting
* Be able to plan and deliver engaging lessons
* Monitor and assess pupils effectively to ensure pupil progress
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong classroom and behaviour management
*A valid enhanced DBS check on the update service (or be willing to process one with us)
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
*Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
*Competitive rates of pay
*Up to £125 referral scheme (uncapped)*
*FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses
* FREE Safeguarding training
*Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.