Full Time Learning Mentor – South Birmingham – ASAP
* Location: Harborne, Selly Oak, Northfield, Kings Norton, Yardley, Sheldon, Kings Heath and surrounding areas
* Schools: Solely Special Needs Schools
* Start date: ASAP
* Contract: Casual
* Availability: Must be available Monday-Friday
* Hours: 8:30am- 3:30pm
* Pay rate: £75-85 per day
Numerous Special Needs Schools across South Birmingham are seeking passionate, dedicated, nurturing, resilient and flexible Learning Mentors for daily supply and short/long term roles. All pupils will have an Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP) in place and will have varied Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC), Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH), Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN), Moderate/Severe Learning Difficulties (MLD/SLD) and/or Profound Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD).
To meet the high demand of supply in schools, you must be available Monday-Friday to support SEND pupils with their learning, behaviour and personal care in various SEN Schools across the week.
Register your interest today with Twenty4Seven Education by calling Katie/Allan from the Birmingham office.
* You will provide levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils’ needs, encouraging the pupils to stay on task
* You will monitor the pupils’ response to the learning activities and, where appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the
class teacher to achieve the intended learning outcomes
* You will assist in the recording of lessons and assessment as required by the class teacher
* You will support pupils with their personal care if requested
* A recognised Teaching Assistant qualification – CACHE Level 2/3 Certificate in Support Teaching and Learning or equivalent would be advantageous but not essential
* Experience of supporting pupils identified with having SEND and/or children working at below age expected level
* Good knowledge of the National Curriculum
* Have the ability to effectively manage behaviour using positive strategies
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
* Have the ability to form positive professional relationships with young children and staff
* Minimum of 3 months experience of working with children in an educational or similar setting
* Professional reference checks to cover the last 2 years
* Legal right to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS registered to the Update Service or willingness to pay and apply for a new certificate
* Excellent knowledge of safeguarding children and young adults – you will need an up to date Safeguarding Training Certificate (we provide FREE Safeguarding Training)
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 referral scheme for both you and those you recommend (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses
** FREE 1:1 Education Support CPD training
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Early notification of training/courses/workshops
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.