Head of English – Kidderminster – September
** Start date – September 2022
** Contract – Full time, Permanent
** Salary – £25,714 to £36,961 plus a TLR2c (£6,000)
** Location – Kidderminster, Worcestershire
A lovely and supportive School in Kidderminster are seeking a dynamic, bold and compassionate Head English. As Head of English you will lead and work together with teachers to achieve the best outcomes for all students. To succeed in this position, you will need to be innovative and creative, with the experience of planning and delivery of an English curriculum across the secondary key stages. You should also have a record of achieving excellent results and improving student outcomes as well as a sound knowledge of data relating to pupil progress and achievement. This role is to start in September on a permanent basis.
This ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rated School is an Alternative Provision Secondary Free School that provides high quality education for pupils between the ages of 11-17, to re-engage some of the most vulnerable learners who for a wide variety of reasons have disengaged or experienced difficulties in mainstream education. Students reap the rewards of innovative and bespoke curriculum by using Outdoor Education, delivering highly engaging and relevant lessons, they offer vocational, therapeutic and academic pathways according to need. This school is committed to challenging their students and developing their resilience, their empathy with others and their social and cultural awareness.
Progress at this School is not simply about achieving academic success. Their curriculum model is designed to support pupil progress in the following areas: Improving attendance, reducing stress and anxiety, reducing behavioural incidents, increasing personal, social and leadership skills and increasing potential and aspiration. They firmly believe that, if they can address these issues from pupil point of entry, academic progress and transition to positive, appropriate and sustainable destinations post 16 are achievable – and they have a record of proving it.
* To lead on curriculum development, innovation and coordination of achievement and progression outcomes for all learners
* To support outstanding student success by raising levels of student retention and achievement by identifying, exemplifying, and promoting within team best practice in the delivery of teaching and learning
* To lead and develop an English curriculum offer that meets the needs of students, employers and stakeholders now and in the future
* To embed an aspirational culture with students and staff across the curriculum department
The ideal candidate:
* Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
* Have outstanding English subject knowledge and experience of teaching across KS3/KS4 (KS5 is advantageous)
* Experience of leading other staff
* Experience and evidence of a positive impact in a similar role
* A passion for teaching and education
* A desire to support the well-being of students
* Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication
* The ability to show initiative, to multi-task and develop existing skills
* Ability to demonstrate patience, flexibility and dedication
* Ability to cope with pressure and demonstrate a calm and measured response
* Ability to showcase highly effective classroom and behaviour management
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Worcester office on 01905 896 880 for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.