Head of KS3 – Kidderminster – September
** Start date – September 2022
** Contract – Full time, Permanent
** Salary – £25,714 to £36,961 plus a TLR of £4,531
** Location – Kidderminster, Worcestershire
A brilliant School in Kidderminster are seeking an inspirational, bold and compassionate Head of Key Stage who can provide highly effective pastoral care to promote and secure a culture in which students are supported to become confident and successful individuals. The Head of Key Stage will successfully manage Teachers and support staff within Key Stage 3 to ensure the consistent application of whole school policies. In addition to the pastoral care you will be expected to take on teaching responsibilities. In particular they are looking for an English and a Science Teacher who are able to deliver GCSE, Entry Level and Functional skills qualifications across KS3, 4 and 5. Core subjects should be vibrantly taught, engaging subjects with teachers who fully utilise interactive teaching methods, in addition to the more formal approaches to engage a wide variety of learning needs. This exciting new full time role is to start September on a permanent contract.
The School would also be interested in applications from Teachers who specialise in any other area but have a passion for teaching disengaged learners.
This ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rated School is an Alternative Provision Secondary Free School that provides high quality education for pupils between the ages of 11-17, to re-engage some of the most vulnerable learners who for a wide variety of reasons have disengaged or experienced difficulties in mainstream education. Students reap the rewards of innovative and bespoke curriculum by using Outdoor Education, delivering highly engaging and relevant lessons, they offer vocational, therapeutic and academic pathways according to need. This school is committed to challenging their students and developing their resilience, their empathy with others and their social and cultural awareness.
Progress at this School is not simply about achieving academic success. Their curriculum model is designed to support pupil progress in the following areas: Improving attendance, reducing stress and anxiety, reducing behavioural incidents, increasing personal, social and leadership skills and increasing potential and aspiration. They firmly believe that, if they can address these issues from pupil point of entry, academic progress and transition to positive, appropriate and sustainable destinations post 16 are achievable – and they have a record of proving it.
* The Head of KS3 will have responsibility for the educational and pastoral provision
* The Head of KS3 will co-ordinate and Quality Assure the educational offer for their students ensuring an aspirational and bespoke package
* The Head of KS3 will be held to account to the teacher standards as well as the outcomes of their subject teaching
The ideal candidate:
* Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
* Have good subject knowledge in particular English and Science and experience of teaching across KS3/KS4 (KS5 is advantageous)
* Experience of leading other staff
* Experience and evidence of a positive impact in a similar role
* A passion for teaching and education
* A desire to support the well-being of students
* Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication
* The ability to show initiative, to multi-task and develop existing skills
* Ability to demonstrate patience, flexibility and dedication
* Ability to cope with pressure and demonstrate a calm and measured response
* Ability to showcase highly effective classroom and behaviour management
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Worcester office on 01905 896 880 for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.