Learning Mentor – Worcester – ASAP
Pay rate: £60-80 per day
A Primary School in Worcester are seeking a Learning Mentor for a full time role starting ASAP until July in the first instance. You will be expected to support individual pupils or small groups of pupils across the key stages who need additional help to achieve their academic potential.
At this ’Good’ Ofsted rated Primary School all staff are committed to providing a warm, caring environment in which pupils of all abilities can be safe, happy and achieve their full potential, academically, emotionally, socially and spiritually. The School is proud of its educational provision and outcomes. They strive to provide a curriculum where challenge and support is provided regardless of their need or ability. Through recognising, valuing and encouraging the varied talents of each individual, they help children to see themselves as achievers, raising their self-esteem and confidence.
* You will support the class teacher with delivery of lessons
* You will work in lessons following the direction of the class teacher and/or take individuals or small groups of students outside of lessons, to support their learning
* You will be providing bespoke support to pupils with a wide range of abilities and needs, tailoring activities to ensure they engage with and complete tasks
* Lead academic interventions with pupils working below age expected levels
* Remove pupils from class when their behaviours are disruptive to others
* You will need to complete relevant administration tasks
The ideal candidate:
** Experience working with children in the last 5 years
** Hold a relevant Teaching Assistant qualification or a degree around childcare is admirable but not essential
** Confident to work across the Primary age range, demonstrating high expectations of pupil’s achievement
** Good communication and organisation skills
** Possess good behaviour management
** Right to work in the UK
** Enhanced DBS on the Update Service. Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
*** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
*** Competitive rates of pay
*** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
*** FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, Mental Wellbeing of Children certification, Coaching & Mentoring course etc.
*** FREE Safeguarding training
*** Up to £125 referral scheme (uncapped)*
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV over.
Alternatively, please contact your local Worcester office on 01905 896 880 for a confidential discussion on your career and opportunities that are available.