Learning Support Assistant
Pay rate: £70-80 per day
A Secondary School in Birmingham are seeking a Teaching Assistant for a part time role starting ASAP until July, in the first instance. This exciting new role is to work with students to help them achieve their full potential.
This Secondary School is in the Small heath area of Birmingham and aims to provide an outstanding academic and pastoral education which will allow all pupils to acquire the skills needed to guide them through the challenges that they will face during their School life and beyond. The school is built upon four core values: Knowledge, Ambition, Resilience, and Respect, which are the foundation of all the strategic and operational decisions made within the school. By focusing upon these core values, they believe they can support young people as they take on the challenges of living in the 21st Century.
• Support the pupils in the classroom and possibly around the school
• Help the pupils to access the curriculum and possibly tailor the activity to the pupils’ level of ability
• Be a reassuring presence and emotional support for the students
• Support the pupils with their emotional and behavioural needs
• Build strong relationships with the pupils and teaching staff to ensure that the pupils are achieving their full potential
• Promote a caring and safe learning environment
The ideal candidate:
• Level 2 or higher Teaching Assistant qualification is desirable but not essential
• Teaching Assistant/Youth Worker experience
• A flexible, patient and resourceful approach
• Ability to build strong and meaningful relationships
• Strong positive reinforcement behaviour management skills
The key benefits for working with us are:
• Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
• Competitive rates of pay
• Up to £100 referral scheme (uncapped)*
• FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, Mental Wellbeing of Children certification, Coaching & Mentoring course etc.
• FREE Safeguarding training
• Opportunities to progress in your career
• Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!