Learning Support Assistant – Coventry – ASAP
Pay rate: £75-85 per day
A mainstream Secondary School in Coventry is seeking personable, passionate, patient, and proactive Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) to join their casual Teaching Assistant team ASAP. Daily supply, short-term and long-term roles are available. You will be expected to assist pupils across Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 supporting both academic and pastoral needs. The overall purpose of this role is to work with teachers to support teaching and learning. This will be achieved by working with individuals or small groups of pupils under the direction of teaching staff.
Register your interest today with Twenty4Seven Education by calling Katie/Charlie from the Birmingham office.
This ‘Good’ Ofsted-rated Secondary School wants all of its children and staff to live an abundant life. They believe academic success is just as important as personal and spiritual development and it is their role to support the development of the whole child. The curriculum is both rich and challenging and they pride themselves on the breadth and variety of their extra-curricular provision, playing a pivotal role in the wider educational experience.
* Work with individuals or small groups of pupils in the classroom under the direct supervision of teaching staff – this may include pupils who have been identified with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and/or with pupils who speak English as an Additional Language (EAL)
* Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the direction of the teacher
* Provide feedback to the class teacher and participate in the planning and evaluation of learning activities relating to the needs of pupils you are supporting
* Carry out relevant administrative tasks
* Follow the school policies regarding behaviour management and safeguarding
* A recognised Teaching Assistant qualification — CACHE Level 2/3 Certificate in Support Teaching and Learning or equivalent would be advantageous but not essential
* Experience in supporting children aged 11-16
* Experience in assisting children with SEND and/or EAL
* Good knowledge of the National Curriculum
* Have the ability to effectively manage behaviour using positive strategies
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills — both verbal and written
* Have the ability to form positive professional relationships with young children and staff
* Minimum of 3 months experience of working with children in an educational or similar setting
* Professional reference checks to cover the last 2 years
* Legal right to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS registered to the Update Service or willingness to pay and apply for a new certificate
* Excellent knowledge of safeguarding children and young adults — you will need an up-to-date Safeguarding Training Certificate (we provide FREE Safeguarding Training)
The key benefits of working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
* Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
* Competitive rates of pay
* £100 referral scheme for both you and those you recommend (uncapped)
* Exclusive access to FREE 1:1 Education Support CPD training sessions
* FREE access to multiple online CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course
* FREE Safeguarding training
* Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.