Twenty 4 Seven Education are seeking to appoint an experienced Learning Support Assistant to provide support to students with literacy and dyslexia difficulties through bespoke interventions, working with curriculum areas to ensure that students with low levels of literacy and/or dyslexia are able to develop strategies to help them make good progress.
About the role:
You will work with students with a specific learning difficulty (SpLD) supporting their learning and assisting with their progress to obtain the maximum benefit from the school curriculum.
The role will support the SENDCo / Assistant SENDCo and include literacy screening to identify SpLD, provide one to one and small group tuition, establish and deliver a coherent and appropriate curriculum for groups of students, assessment guidance and provide training to the wider school to meet the needs of all students with SpLD.
The ideal candidate:
· You hold a suitable relevant higher level qualification in English or similar subject, such as a degree
· Understanding of literacy and dyslexia difficulties.
· Excellent knowledge and experience of recommended assessments for students identified with dyslexic type difficulties
· A good understanding of the needs and characteristics of students across the age range 11-19 in particular with literacy and dyslexia difficulties
· Recent experience of working with young people, either in a school setting, or involvement in voluntary work.
Your very own dedicated consultant
– A variety of daily, short and long term positions to suit your needs
– Competitive rates of pay
– No need for completion of time sheets
– Email/SMS confirmation for all bookings
Does this sound like your next LSA role? Or would you like to hear more about this and other roles in throughout Coventry then please call Charlie at Twenty4seven Education today on 0121 6674182 or email your CV direct to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to be called immediately!