Learning Support Practitioner – Redditch – ASAP
An innovative Secondary Short Stay Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) in Redditch is seeking a proactive and resilient Learning Support Practitioner, to support pupils aged 11-16 who have been excluded or are close to being excluded from school. The children who attend this PRU are on the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) register for Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) and have an Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP) in place. This role is to start ASAP on a temp to perm basis.
Register your interest today with Twenty4Seven Education by calling Katie/Charlotte from the Worcester office.
This ‘Good’ Ofsted-rated PRU is a Trauma Informed School. Their whole school staffing and organisational structure recognise the importance of developing trusting relationships that help children to belong to a community where they can feel safe, feel heard and feel special. All pupils are offered a high-quality curriculum including English, Maths Science, PSHE, PE, Food, Expressive Arts, and outdoor adventurous activities.
* A recognised Teaching Assistant qualification – CACHE Level 2/3 Certificate in Support Teaching and Learning or equivalent would be advantageous but not essential
* Experience in supporting pupils identified with having SEND – in particular, SEMH
* Good knowledge of the National Curriculum
* Experience in assisting with the development and implementation of Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP)
* Experience in supporting pupils with trauma – in particular relational trauma
* Have high expectations of students to ensure they reach their full potential
* Have the ability to effectively manage challenging behaviour using positive strategies
* Demonstrate excellent communication, literacy, and numeracy skills
* Have the ability to form positive professional relationships with young children and staff
* Minimum of 3 months experience of working with children in an educational or similar setting
* Professional reference checks to cover the last 2 years
* Legal right to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS registered to the Update Service or willingness to pay and apply for a new certificate
* Excellent knowledge of safeguarding children and young adults – you will need an up-to-date Safeguarding Training Certificate (we provide FREE Safeguarding Training)
The key benefits of working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 For All Referral Scheme – £100 for referrer and £100 for referred candidate (uncapped)*
** FREE 1:1 Education Support CPD training sessions
** FREE CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Early notification of training/courses/workshops
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.