Level 2/3 PMLD SEND Teaching Assistant Stourbridge ASAP
Twenty4Seven Education are actively seeking qualified SEND teaching assistants to work with a complex needs in a PMLD school in the Stourbridge area.
The post requires a flexible SEN TA who is passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated in supporting children with complex needs, HI, VI etc.
Applicants must be willing to work across all key stages and have relevant and previous experience working with SEN children or young adults. This role can be part time or full time with the chance of permanent roles for the right candidate. This role will require personal care.
Complex Needs TA will have:
- Experience with complex needs or SEN or care work
- Experience in a classroom environment
- Willingness to do personal care
- Level 2 or 3 Teaching assistant Qualification
- Calm, caring, considerate, compassionate and most of all patient.
- Understanding of key issues like challenging behaviour, Prevent duty and safeguarding
- Have Child and adult DBS or be willing to have a DBS check
- confident to work 1 to 1 with a child or in a classroom environment
- Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
- Experience with PECS, Makaton, etc is desirable
- Experience with PEG feeding or Hoist Training desirable
Typical duties of a SEN Teaching Assistant:
- Attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement related personal programmes
- Supervise and support pupils in access of learning
- Provide personal care
- Working with children and young adults with complex needs
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Support Plans and Personal Care programmes.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher.
- Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils’ achievement, progress, problems etc.
- Personal care
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
- Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
- Competitive rates of pay
- Up to £125 referral scheme*
- CPD courses
- A variety of daily positions with flexible hours across the school week
- Long term positions to suit your needs
- Opportunities to progress in your career
- Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
Twenty4seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. Therefore, this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.