Music Teacher – Rugby – September
** Do you have a passion for the performing arts?
** Are you innovative, energetic and possess a natural creative flair?
Twenty 4 Seven Education have an amazing opportunity for a versatile and highly effective Music Teacher to teach at a Secondary School in Rugby. This full time role is to start September on a temp to perm contract.
This ‘Good’ Ofsted rated Secondary School is an ethnically mixed 11-18 comprehensive with approximately 1070 students on role. Their aim is to put students at the heart of everything. They want them to develop the confidence, skills and qualifications to ensure that they are happy and successful. They are determined to raise achievement further at GCSE and A Level, developing their learning and teaching skills and lastly, enhance the range of memorable experiences available to their students.
Your new role:
You will need to plan and deliver dynamic and high quality lessons that engage and inspire pupils to develop a love of music and their talent as musicians, and so increase their self-confidence, creativity and sense of achievement. As pupils progress, they should develop a critical engagement with music, allowing them to compose, and to listen with discrimination to the best in the musical canon.
The ideal candidate:
* Hold a UK recognised teaching qualification (QTS/QLTS)
* Have excellent Music subject knowledge
* Experience of teaching KS3 and KS4 National Curriculum Music in a UK school setting is necessary for this role (KS5 is advantageous)
* Understand the requirements for high quality teaching
* Be versatile, highly organised and hardworking
* Have good interpersonal and communication skills
* Desire to positively impact students’ learning and monitor pupil progress to ensure all students achieve their full potential
* Strong classroom and behaviour management
* Be a positive team player with a strong commitment to professional development
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
* Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
* Competitive rates of pay
* £100 referral scheme (uncapped)*
* FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses
* FREE Safeguarding training
* Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 and ask for Katie/Charlie for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.