Part Time SEN Teacher – Bromsgrove – September
Start date: September
Pay rate: £110-£150 per day
A Special Needs School in Bromsgrove is seeking a passionate, committed and qualified Teacher for a part time role (3 days) starting September for an ongoing role. You will be expected to teach KS1-KS3 pupils identified with learning difficulties, complex needs and/or Autism (ASD).
Register your interest today with Twenty4Seven Education by calling Katie/Charlotte from the Worcester office on 01905 896 665 or email an up to date CV to email@example.com
This ‘Good’ Ofsted rated SEN School aims to provide a high quality education for children and young people aged from Reception to Post 16, with a range of learning difficulties and/or autism. They provide a safe, positive, stimulating and challenging learning environment where all pupils’ needs are identified and met and where progress, achievements and success are recognised and celebrated. In addition, they develop pupil’s personal responsibility and encourage decision making and choice. To achieve this they listen to and respect pupils’ voice and contributions, communicating with them through whatever means appropriate.
The School are looking for an inspirational and engaging SEN Class Teacher to deliver high quality teaching and learning to children and young people with special educational needs, who may present with challenging behaviours associated with their needs. You will be expected to plan and deliver engaging lessons to KS1 and lower KS2 and deliver PPA cover to KS3. Planning and marking is expected from you and in turn you will receive PPA time.
* Experience of teaching in a UK school setting in the last 5 years including those identified with special needs – particularly those found with ASD, complex needs and learning difficulties
* Excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum
* Have good subject knowledge especially the core subjects Maths, English and Science
* Experience of adhering and contributing to Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP), Annual Reviews and Behaviour Support Plans
* Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organisation skills
* Have high expectations of students to ensure they reach their full potential
* Have the ability to effectively manage behaviour using positive behaviour strategies
* Have the ability to form positive professional relationships with young children and staff
* PGCE, QTS, QTLS or equivalent is essential for this role
* Minimum of 12 months teaching experience is essential for this role – ECTs need to have completed a successful teaching placement
* Enhanced DBS registered to the update service or willingness to obtain a new certificate
* Professional reference checks including at least one teaching reference
* Legal right to work in the UK
* Excellent knowledge of safeguarding children and young adults – you will need an up to date Safeguarding Training Certificate (we provide FREE Safeguarding Training)
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 referral scheme for both you and those you recommend (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, British Sign Language certification, Mental wellbeing of children certification and Paediatric first aid
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Early notification of training/courses/workshops
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.