PE SEN Teacher – Wednesbury – ASAP
SEN specialism: ASD, SLCN, MLD
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Full Time Long Term
Pay rate: £110-160 per day
An inclusive and nurturing Special Needs School in Wednesbury is seeking an energetic, dedicated, adaptable and qualified Teacher with a specialism in Physical Education (PE), to teach students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC), Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN) and Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD). This amazing full time opportunity is to start ASAP on a long term basis, for the right candidate this has the potential to become a permanent contract.
** ECTs are welcome to apply!**
Register your interest today with Twenty4Seven Education by calling Katie/Allan from the Birmingham office.
This small and innovative Special Needs School caters for pupils aged 11-16 with ASC, SLCN and MLD. Pupils at this school are provided with a happy and caring learning experience, where they flourish and achieve their full potential. The school knows that structure and routine is important to pupils and therefore they offer high quality teaching and learning to enable pupils to develop independent skills and develop resilience when they are faced with change to equip them for the future.
We are looking for qualified Teachers who:
* Have a passion for education and the ability to teach pupils PE in an exciting and engaging way
* Can plan and deliver high-quality, inspirational, creative and thought provoking PE lessons to pupils including those identified with having ASC, SLCN and MLD
* Have a good understanding of the SEN Code of Practice
* Have the ability to adhere and contribute to EHCPs, Annual Reviews and Behaviour Support Plans
* Have excellent up to date knowledge of the National Curriculum and assessment including the DfE Engagement Model for pupils working at below age expected levels
* Can monitor and assess pupils effectively maintaining high expectations, to enable every child to fulfil their potential
* Have a good understanding of child development and learning processes
* Have excellent communication (verbal and written) and organisation skills
* Can demonstrate highly effective positive classroom and behaviour management in line with the School policy
* Have the ability to form positive professional relationships with young children and staff
* QTS, QTLS, PGCE or equivalent is essential for this role
* Minimum of 12 months teaching experience is essential for this role
* Have eligibility to work in the UK or be a UK resident
* Two teaching references covering the last 2 years
* Enhanced DBS registered to the update service or willingness to obtain a new certificate
* Safeguarding training within the last 12 months (if you haven’t we provide a free course once you’ve undergone our relevant compliance checks)
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 referral scheme for both you and those you recommend (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses including a certified British Sign Language certification, SEND certification, Mental Wellbeing of Children certification, Teaching Phonics Level 2 etc.
** Access to 1:1 Educational Support CPD sessions including Interview Preparation, Working with SEND, Lesson Planning, Behaviour Management etc.
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.