Personal Assistant to the Head – Coventry – ASAP
Hours – Monday to Friday (8:30am to 4:30pm) – 35 hours per week
Paid – To scale
A leading Independent School are seeking to appoint a full time permanent Heads PA who will support the Head in the effective running and management of the Head’s office, through the provision of a comprehensive secretarial and administrative service including; diary and correspondence management and interaction with staff, pupils, parents and visitors.
If interested the School requires a completed application form no later than Friday 20th May.
This Independent Co-Educational Day School in Coventry caters for children aged 3 to 18 years old. The history of academic prowess, sporting spirit and musical passion is the foundation on which this school stands. This solid foundation, excellent teaching and extensive co-curricular opportunities means there is no limit to what pupils can achieve. This school is a community of learners, who will become the leaders of the future. They nurture the curiosity of their youngest pupils and encourage a love of learning as they progress through their educational journey with them.
Main activities and responsibilities:
* Act as the Head’s representative in conversations with staff, pupils and parents as required
* Assist the Head to efficiently and effectively manage their time by using judgement and initiative to prioritise requests for diary slots
* Facilitate sensitive and difficult conversations with staff, parents and pupils
* Maintain and keep up to date relevant filing and record management systems
* Assist the head in preparing for meetings, school events and functions
* Act as part of the overall administration resource pool undertaking duties as requested by the Assistant School Business Manager
* Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
The ideal candidate:
* A good level of education for example GCSE or equivalent
* Experience of providing PA or secretarial support to staff at a senior level, ideally within an educations setting
* Experience of running effective administrative systems
* Experience of not taking in meetings
* Full computer literacy
* Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to worn on own initiative and make decisions
* Ability to work as a member of a collaborative team
* Excellent organisation and planning skills
* Ability to approach all confidential matters with discretion, sensitivity and diplomacy
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now’, email email@example.com or call 0121 817 0400 to find out more.
You will need to complete an application form for this role, this will be sent to you via email after the initial telephone call with the consultant.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.