PMLD SEN Teacher – Coleford, Gloucestershire – ASAP
Twenty 4 Seven Education have an exciting opportunity for a full time nurturing and qualified Teacher with experience teaching SEN and in particular Profound, Multiple and Learning Difficulties (PMLD.) A SEN School in Coleford, Gloucestershire need a passionate, dedicated and resilient Teacher to start ASAP for an ongoing role.
In order to fulfil their aims, pupils are encouraged to develop a wide range of attitudes, values, knowledge and skills which include the confidence to make personal decisions and to improve self-esteem, adaptability, realism, creativity and tolerance. All pupils follow Programmes of Study appropriate to their age. Pupils will be working on a developmental learning journey and their skills will be assessed using the National Curriculum and ‘P’ scales. Staff seek to address the EHCP outcomes of individuals to ensure that each pupil’s priority needs are being properly addressed during the course of the lesson.
Your new role:
You will need to plan and deliver sensory based lessons to provide a focused provision to all, ensuring every child receives a personalised, quality education, ensuring breadth and depth through progressive and sequenced teaching and learning with communication at the centre. You need to ensure pupils are learning in a healthy and safe caring environment where safeguarding is paramount. You need to offer everyday inclusion opportunities and encourage independence.
The ideal candidate:
* Hold a UK recognised teaching qualification (QTS)
* Have experience teaching SEN ideally including PMLD and have an awareness of the P Scales
* Have consistently high expectations and develop pupil’s skills to be as independent as they can be
* Be able to plan and deliver multisensory lessons, empowering pupils with knowledge that is both useful and relevant
* Extend the essential skills of communication, reading, writing and mathematics
* Encourages individual creativity
* Monitor and assess pupils effectively to ensure pupil progress
* Excellent communication skills
* Promote successful learning attitudes and behaviours
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** Up to £125 referral scheme (uncapped)*
** FREE CPD courses
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Opportunities to progress in your career
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Worcester office on 01905 896 880 for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.