Science Teacher – Berkeley, Gloucestershire – September
Salary: £25,714.00 – £38,690 (M1 – UPS1)
A Special Needs School in Berkeley, Gloucestershire is seeking a full time vibrant, committed and qualified Science Teacher, starting September for an ongoing role. This pioneering and bespoke school provides specialist education for children and young people aged 11-16 year olds with SEMH needs. They have combined the best elements of a mainstream school and the best elements of a special school to create an environment where young people can achieve their own goals and thrive in a future of their own choosing. They aim to prepare students for life beyond school, so further education and employability is truly at the heart of their culture and ethos.
Register your interest today by calling Katie/Charlotte from the Worcester office on 01905 896 665 or email an up to date CV to email@example.com
Your new role:
As their new Science Teacher, you will deliver high quality teaching and learning to children and young people with SEMH and other complex or anxiety related needs who may present with challenging behaviours associated with their diagnosis. Some pupils may have multiple learning difficulties.
The ideal candidate:
* PGCE, Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training is essential for this role
* Experience working with children and young people identified with ASD and SEMH is essential
* Experience of following and contributing to Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP)
* Excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum – especially Science
* Knowledge of educational methods such as SPELL and TEACCH is desirable
* Experience of using communication aids such as British Sign Language, Makaton or PECS is advantageous
* Have the ability to effectively manage behaviour
* Team Teach, MAPA or equivalent trained is admirable but not essential
* Right to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS on the Update Service. Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 For All Referral Scheme – £100 for referrer and £100 for referred candidate (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses including British Sign Language and Mental wellbeing of children certification
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Early notification of training/courses/workshops
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.