Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant – Kidderminster – September
Pay rate: £60-80 per day
A Through School in Kidderminster are seeking a Teaching Assistant for a full time role starting September for an ongoing role. You will be expected to support pupils in the Secondary Department who have been identified with special educational needs and learning difficulties.
The School is a ‘Good’ Ofsted rated Through School where students can undertake their 14 year journey under one roof, all students can be assured of a warm welcome into the school community. The ethos of the school is one of caring and consideration for others and where kindness and individuality are celebrated. They provide a broad curriculum which is also designed to develop pupils personal attributes and students well-being. This School does not compromise on time given to the development of self and have several well established student groups that enable students to have a voice, as well as a network of peer support.
* You will support the class teacher with delivery of lessons
* You will work in lessons following the direction of the class teacher and/or take individuals or small groups of students outside of lessons, to support their learning
* You will be providing bespoke support to pupils with a wide range of abilities and needs, tailoring activities to ensure they engage with and complete tasks
* Lead academic interventions with pupils working below age expected levels
* Remove pupils from class when their behaviours are disruptive to others
* You will need to complete relevant administration tasks
The ideal candidate:
** Experience working with children in the last 5 years
** Hold a relevant Teaching Assistant qualification or a degree around childcare is admirable but not essential
** Confident to work across the Secondary age range, demonstrating high expectations of pupil’s achievement
** Good communication and organisation skills
** Possess good behaviour management
** Right to work in the UK
** Enhanced DBS on the Update Service. Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
*** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
*** Competitive rates of pay
*** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
*** FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, Mental Wellbeing of Children certification, Coaching & Mentoring course etc.
*** FREE Safeguarding training
*** £100 referral scheme (uncapped)*
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV over.
Alternatively, please contact your local Worcester office on 01905 896 880 and ask for Katie/Charlotte for a confidential discussion on your career and opportunities that are available.