Secondary Teaching Assistant – Coventry – September
A Secondary School in Coventry are seeking a Teaching Assistant for a full time role starting September on a temp to perm contract. You will be expected to support individual pupils or small groups of pupils who need additional help to achieve their academic potential.
This welcoming and aspirational Secondary School focus on what is best for their students. They not only focus on the academic excellence of students but also work with students on supporting them to be the best version of themselves. They believe that all their students should be happy and inspired to have the limitless potential to succeed.
* You will support the class teacher with delivery of lessons
* You will work in lessons following the direction of the class teacher and/or take individuals or small groups of students outside of lessons, to support their learning
* You will be providing bespoke support to pupils with a wide range of abilities and needs, tailoring activities to ensure they engage with and complete tasks
* Lead academic interventions with pupils working below age expected levels
* Remove pupils from class when their behaviours are disruptive to others
* You will need to complete relevant administration tasks
The ideal candidate:
** Experience working with children in the last 5 years
** Hold a relevant Teaching Assistant qualification or a degree around childcare is admirable but not essential
** Confident to work across the Secondary age range, demonstrating high expectations of pupil’s achievement
** Good communication and organisation skills
** Possess good behaviour management
** Right to work in the UK
** Enhanced DBS on the Update Service. Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
*** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
*** Competitive rates of pay
*** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
*** FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, Mental Wellbeing of Children certification, Coaching & Mentoring course etc.
*** FREE Safeguarding training
*** £100 referral scheme (uncapped)*
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV over.
Alternatively, please contact your local Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 and ask for Katie/Charlie for a confidential discussion on your career and opportunities that are available.