Secondary Teaching Assistant – Kidderminster – ASAP
Pay rate: £75-85 per day
A Through School in Kidderminster are seeking compassionate, resilient, and dedicated Teaching Assistants to join their casual Teaching Assistant team ASAP. Daily supply, short-term and long-term roles are available. You will be expected to support the class teachers in the Secondary Department (Year 7 – Year 11). The role will require the successful candidate to support the class teacher on a general support basis, work with small groups of children or provide 1:1 support with pupils who may be working at below age expected level or have been diagnosed with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
Register your interest today with Twenty4Seven Education by calling Katie/Charlotte from the Worcester office.
This caring and considerate Through School was graded ‘Good’ by Ofsted. They provide a broad curriculum which is also designed to develop pupils’ personal attributes and students’ well-being. This school does not compromise on time given to the development of self and has several well-established student groups that enable students to have a voice, as well as a network of peer support.
* You will help students with their learning activities encouraging them to stay on task
* You will monitor the pupils’ response to the learning activities and, where appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the
class teacher to achieve the intended learning outcomes
* You will assist in the recording of learning activities and assessments as required by the class teacher
* A recognised Teaching Assistant qualification — CACHE Level 2/3 Certificate in Support Teaching and Learning or equivalent would be advantageous but not essential
* Experience in supporting pupils identified with having SEND
* Experience in assisting with the development and implementation of Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP)
* Good knowledge of the National Curriculum
* Experience in using communication aids such as British Sign Language, Makaton, or PECS is admirable
* Have the ability to effectively manage behaviour using positive strategies
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills — both verbal and written
* Have the ability to form positive professional relationships with young children and staff
* Minimum of 3 months experience of working with children in an educational or similar setting
* Professional reference checks to cover the last 2 years
* Legal right to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS registered to the Update Service or willingness to pay and apply for a new certificate
* Excellent knowledge of safeguarding children and young adults — you will need an up-to-date Safeguarding Training Certificate (we provide FREE Safeguarding Training)
The key benefits of working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
* Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
* Competitive rates of pay
* £100 referral scheme for both you and those you recommend (uncapped)
* Exclusive access to FREE 1:1 Education Support CPD training sessions
* FREE access to multiple online CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course
* FREE Safeguarding training
* Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.