Secondary Teaching Assistant – Kidderminster – September
Pay rate: £60-80 per day
A Through School in Kidderminster are seeking a Teaching Assistant for a full time role starting September for an ongoing role, the option to start earlier is available too . You will be expected to support pupils in the Secondary Department who have been identified with learning difficulties and need additional help to achieve their academic potential.
The School is a ‘Good’ Ofsted rated Through School where students can undertake their 14 year journey under one roof, all students can be assured of a warm welcome into the school community. The ethos of the school is one of caring and consideration for others and where kindness and individuality are celebrated. They provide a broad curriculum which is also designed to develop pupils personal attributes and students well-being. This School does not compromise on time given to the development of self and have several well established student groups that enable students to have a voice, as well as a network of peer support.
* You will support the class teacher with delivery of lessons
* You will work in lessons following the direction of the class teacher and/or take individuals or small groups of students outside of lessons, to support their learning
* You will be providing bespoke support to pupils with a wide range of abilities and needs, tailoring activities to ensure they engage with and complete tasks
* Lead academic interventions with pupils working below age expected levels
* Remove pupils from class when their behaviours are disruptive to others
* You will need to complete relevant administration tasks
The ideal candidate:
** Experience working with children in the last 5 years
** Hold a relevant Teaching Assistant qualification or a degree around childcare is admirable but not essential
** Confident to work across the Secondary age range, demonstrating high expectations of pupil’s achievement
** Good communication and organisation skills
** Possess good behaviour management
** Right to work in the UK
** Enhanced DBS on the Update Service. Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
*** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
*** Competitive rates of pay
*** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
*** FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, Mental Wellbeing of Children certification, Coaching & Mentoring course etc.
*** FREE Safeguarding training
*** £100 referral scheme (uncapped)*
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV over.
Alternatively, please contact your local Worcester office on 01905 896 880 for a confidential discussion on your career and opportunities that are available.