Sector-based Work Academy Programme (SWAP) – Worcestershire – ASAP
At Twenty4Seven Education (T4S) we pride ourselves on our honesty, transparency and trust, we go above and beyond for everyone and we are industry leading in every area.
Sector-based Work Academy Programme (SWAP)
T4S have some very exciting news we have been working with the Heart of Worcestershire College (HoW College) to create an innovative and unique 10 day Sector-based Work Academy Programme (SWAP) for passionate, caring and proactive candidates to train to become Teaching Assistants (TA).
This will enable candidates with a limited background to begin working in Primary/Middle/Special Needs Schools across Worcestershire, you will start off doing daily supply to build up your experience with the aim for it to lead to a long term role.
To find out more about securing your place on our SWAP please call Katie/Charlotte from the Worcester office.
This is an ideal opportunity for candidates with a background in healthcare looking for a career change, or someone with limited child related experience or those receiving unemployment benefits with child related/healthcare experience looking to return to work.
Our SWAP is recognised by Jobcentre Plus and candidates will remain on benefits while on our SWAP.
To be eligible for a place on our SWAP you must have some child related/healthcare experience, be aged 18 upwards and you will need an Enhanced DBS Certificate on the Update Service.
Placements will have 3 main components:
1) Pre-employment training – Delivered face to face at the HoW College to learn about the role of a TA, classroom terminology, behaviour management, safeguarding etc. (8 days)
2) Work experience placement – Face to face training session with dedicated and experienced consultants from T4S discussing the school workplace environment, expectations/practices, Headteacher/School standards etc. (1 day)
3) A guaranteed job interview with T4S (1 day)
Education Support at T4S:
Throughout your time working for us at the agency, you have exclusive access to our Education Support. This is a team of dedicated and consultants with an extensive background in education, they will be there to mentor/train you. You will have special access to:
1) 1:1 video call Continuing Professional Development (CPD) sessions tailored to your needs
2) Interview preparation support for long term roles in our schools
3) Access to FREE/heavily discounted online CPD courses
* Experience of working with children in an educational or similar setting/healthcare work with children and/or adults
* Professional reference checks to cover the last 2 years
* Legal right to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS certificate registered to the Update Service or willingness to pay and apply for a new certificate (£49.60)
* Complete the FREE online Safeguarding course during our compliance checks
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 referral scheme for both you and those you recommend (uncapped)*
** FREE Education Support CPD training
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Early notification of training/courses/workshops
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.