SEN (Complex Needs) Teacher – Bromsgrove – ASAP
A SEN School in Bromsgrove are currently seeking a passionate, nurturing and qualified Primary Complex Needs Teacher to teach special needs pupils full time. This role is to start ASAP until July, in the first instance. Due to the students’ needs, it is essential for the ideal Teacher to have experience working with children with a range of range of learning difficulties and special needs.
This ‘Good’ Ofsted rated SEN School aims to provide a high quality education for children and young people aged from Reception to Post 16, with a range of learning difficulties and/or autism. They provide a safe, positive, stimulating and challenging learning environment where all pupils’ needs are identified and met and where progress, achievements and success are recognised and celebrated. In addition, they develop pupil’s personal responsibility and encourage decision making and choice. To achieve this they listen to and respect pupils’ voice and contributions, communicating with them through whatever means appropriate.
At this School children and young people follow a curriculum pathway suitable to their needs and development. There are pathways for children and young people with moderate learning difficulties (MLD), severe learning difficulties (SLD) and Complex Needs (PMLD). However, these are flexible allowing a student to move between pathways dependent on their development.
Your new role:
You will be teaching Primary age pupils with complex needs such as medical needs, physical disabilities, Multi-Sensory Impairments (MSI), Autistic Spectrum conditions, challenging behaviours and sensory processing/sensory integration needs.
In Early Years and Key Stage One pupils develop an understanding of the world of work through carefully planned role play experiences based on their thematic learning. In Key Stage Two, pupils extend on this through educational visits linked to careers, as well as having the opportunity to have encounters with outside visitors who they can question about their jobs and roles.
You will need to plan activities to promote learning, personal growth and development. These activities need to have a positive effect on the attainment, progress and personal development of all pupils.
The curriculum is managed and differentiated for individual needs, it takes full account of each child’s Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) and it promotes British Values. Students are encouraged to use a range of communication aids such as spoken and/or sign language and visual aids such as objects/photos/symbols.
You need to ensure the activities are creative and relevant to all pupils following a thematic approach based on pupil voice feedback. You need to assess, record and evaluate pupils to ensure pupil progress.
The ideal candidate:
* Hold a UK recognised teaching qualification (QTS)
* Is a good teacher with excellent subject/curriculum knowledge*
* Be able to plan and deliver fun, creative and engaging lessons
* Monitor and assess pupils effectively to ensure pupil progress
* Has experience of working with children and/or young people with complex needs
* Has experience of supporting children and/or young people with Multi-Sensory Impairments and disabilities and who may display behaviours of concern
* Can support individual pupil needs with a range of specialist teaching and learning strategies (such as TEACCH, PECS, Attention Autism, multi-sensory curriculum, Sensory Integration, Intensive Interaction and teaching within specialist MSI environments)
* Has a strong working knowledge of child development
* Excellent communication skills – Makaton/British Sign Language qualification is admirable but not essential
* Strong classroom and behaviour management
* Team Teach certification is advantageous
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 referral scheme (uncapped)*
** FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Opportunities to progress in your career
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Worcester office on 01905 896 880 for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available