SEN English Teacher – Worcester – ASAP
Twenty4Seven Education have an amazing opportunity for an exceptional, personable and dedicated English Teacher to teach at a Special Needs School in Worcester. This full time role is to start ASAP on a temp to perm basis, Unqualified Teachers/Instructors are more than welcome to apply too.
**Interviews are due to be held imminently.**
Register your interest today with Twenty4Seven Education by calling Katie/Charlotte from the Worcester office on 01905 896 665 or send an up to date CV to email@example.com
This is a Short Stay Secondary School that provides students with a curriculum which is broad and balanced but is also adapted to suit their specific needs. Students come to this school with very different levels of prior education. Many have been out of school or out of the classroom for a significant period of time. A significant number of students have one or more Special Educational Needs including Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs which has hindered their access to learning in the past. A significant proportion of students arrive below the DFE expected progress level and below the DFE aged expected level.
Your new role:
You will need to plan and deliver high-quality and inspirational English lessons to pupils. Your aim will be to make students ready for learning and ultimately close gaps in attainment and attendance, as well as supporting students with their SEMH needs. You will be preparing students for mainstream provision or to prepare students for a more suitable educational setting for their specific needs.
* Experience of teaching in a UK school setting in the last 5 years including those identified with special needs – particularly those found with SEMH
* Excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum
* Have good subject knowledge in English
* Experience of adhering and contributing to Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP), Annual Reviews and Behaviour Support Plans
* Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organisation skills
* Have high expectations of students to ensure they reach their full potential
* Have the ability to effectively manage behaviour using positive behaviour strategies
* Have the ability to form positive professional relationships with young children and staff
* PGCE, QTS, QTLS or equivalent is advantageous but not essential
* Enhanced DBS registered to the update service or willingness to obtain a new certificate
* Professional reference checks including at least one teaching reference
* Legal right to work in the UK
* Excellent knowledge of safeguarding children and young adults – you will need an up to date Safeguarding Training Certificate (we provide FREE Safeguarding Training)
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 referral scheme for both you and those you recommend (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Early notification of training/courses/workshops
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.