SEN English Teacher – Worcester – September
Twenty 4 Seven Education have an amazing opportunity for an exceptional, personable and qualified English Teacher to teach at a Special Needs School in Worcester. This full time role is to start September on temp to perm contract.
This is a Short Stay Secondary School that provides students with a curriculum which is broad and balanced, but is also adapted to suit their specific needs. Students come to this school with very different levels of prior education. Many have been out of school or out of the classroom for a significant period of time. A significant number of students have one or more Special Educational Needs including Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs which has hindered their access to learning in the past. A significant proportion of students arrive below the DFE expected progress level and below the DFE aged expected level.
Your new role:
You will need to plan and deliver inspirational English lessons to pupils, teaching pupils to speak and write fluently so that they can communicate their ideas and emotions to others and through their reading and listening, others can communicate with them. Through reading in particular, pupils have a chance to develop culturally, emotionally, intellectually, socially and spiritually. You will then need to monitor and assess pupils using effective assessment to ensure pupils progress.
The ideal candidate:
* Hold a UK recognised teaching qualification (QTS/QLTS)
* Have excellent English subject knowledge
* Experience of teaching KS3 and KS4 National Curriculum English in a UK school setting is necessary for this role
* Experience teaching students with Special Educational Needs including those with SEMH
* Understand the requirements for high quality teaching
* Be versatile, highly organised and hardworking
* Have good interpersonal and communication skills
* Desire to positively impact students’ learning and monitor pupil progress to ensure all students achieve their full potential
* Strong classroom and behaviour management
* Be a positive team player with a strong commitment to professional development
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 referral scheme (uncapped)*
** FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Opportunities to progress in your career
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 and ask for Katie/Charlie for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.