SEN Learning Mentor – Handsworth – ASAP
Location: Handsworth, Birmingham
Start Date: ASAP
SEN specialism: ASC, SLCN
Contract: Full Time – Ongoing
Pay rate: £75-85 per day
An aspiring and dedicated Special Needs School in Handsworth, Birmingham is seeking a full time enthusiastic, flexible and proactive Learning Mentor to support pupils who have been identified with Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC) and Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN). This exciting new role is to start ASAP on an ongoing basis.
Register your interest today with Twenty4Seven Education by calling Katie/Allan from the Birmingham office.
This ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rated SEN School caters for pupils aged 4-11 with ASC and SLCN. This school is an extraordinarily happy and calm place where, from very low starting points and sometimes difficult previous experiences, pupils make exceptional strides in their learning and in their personal development. It is an exciting place to work and through the curriculum, pupils are very well looked after by dedicated and caring staff.
* A recognised Teaching Assistant qualification – CACHE Level 2/3 Certificate in Support Teaching and Learning or equivalent would be advantageous but not essential
* Experience of supporting pupils identified with having SEND – particularly ASC and SLCN
* Good knowledge of the National Curriculum
* Experience of using TEACCH or similar SEND programmes is desirable
* Experience of developing pupils’ communication by using Makaton and Picture for Object Trading System (POTS)/Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) is admirable
* Have the ability to effectively manage behaviour using positive strategies
* Team Teach trained or equivalent is desirable
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
* Have the ability to form positive professional relationships with young children and staff
* Minimum of 3 months experience of working with children in an educational or similar setting
* Professional reference checks to cover the last 2 years
* Legal right to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS registered to the Update Service or willingness to pay and apply for a new certificate
* Excellent knowledge of safeguarding children and young adults – you will need an up to date Safeguarding Training Certificate (we provide FREE Safeguarding Training)
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 referral scheme for both you and those you recommend (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, British Sign Language certification, Mental wellbeing of children certification and Paediatric first aid
** FREE 1:1 Education Support CPD training
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Early notification of training/courses/workshops
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.