SEN School Support Worker – Coventry – January
SEN Specialism: SEMH
Start Date: January
Contract: Ongoing – Full-Time
Pay Rate: £75-£85 per day
We are looking for a passionate and resilient SEN School Support Worker/Teaching Assistant for a SEN School in Coventry to join their team, starting ASAP an ongoing basis.
You MUST be able to commute to Coventry on a regular basis!
This job will require you to assist the teacher in providing an exciting and engaging curriculum, as well as supporting a small number of students who need that extra bit of help to reach their full academic potential. You will be encouraging a positive and inclusive atmosphere within the classroom, which will positively influence the emotional, social and academic development of the children.
This forward-thinking SEN School located in Nuneaton caters for students aged 4-19 identified with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. They are committed to ensuring all their pupils reach their full potential and encourage all of their pupils and staff to ‘Be Your Best Self’ which encapsulates their core purpose. Pupils are seen and known as individuals. Their high quality, experienced staff are caring and have the expertise and attributes to bring out the best in every pupil. They provide challenge and encourage resilience. All pupils follow the National Curriculum at a level appropriate to their ability and needs. They are destination driven and focus on developing the skills their pupils need for independence, employment and life.
Ideal Candidate will:
· Have a recognised Teaching Assistant Qualification would be advantageous
· Have a minimum of 3 months experience working in an education setting, working with students with Special Educational Needs – Especially Social Emotional and Mental Health Needs (SEMH), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) and Autism (ASD)
· Have experience using communication methods; such as British Sign Language (BSL) and Makaton would be desirable
· Have an enhanced DBS certificate registered to the update service or willing to pay and apply for a new certificate
· Have the ability to tailor their skills to meet the needs of each individual child
· Be kind, caring and patient when dealing with children who require specialist support
What to do next?
Register your interest with Twenty4Seven Education today by contacting Elle from our Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 or e-mail an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Benefits of working with Twenty4Seven Education:
· Competitive rates of pay
· Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
· FREE Safeguarding Training
· £100 For All Referral Scheme
· Early notification of Training/Courses/Workshops
· FREE or heavily discounted CPD Courses (Level 2 TA Course, BSL Certification, Mental Wellbeing of Children Certification and Paediatric First Aid Course)
· Minimal Administration
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.