SEN School Support Worker – Selly Oak
Location: Selly Oak
SEN Specialism: ASC, MLD, SLD
Start Date: January
Contract: Ongoing – Full-Time
Pay Rate: £75-£85 per day
We are looking for a passionate and resilient SEN School Support Worker/Teaching Assistant for a SEN School in Selly Oak, Birmingham to join their team, starting ASAP an ongoing basis.
You MUST be able to commute to Selly Oak on a regular basis!
This job will require you to assist the teacher in providing an exciting and engaging curriculum, as well as supporting a small number of students who need that extra bit of help to reach their full academic potential. You will be encouraging a positive and inclusive atmosphere within the classroom, which will positively influence the emotional, social and academic development of the children.
This forward-thinking SEN School located in Nuneaton caters for students aged 4-19 identified with Autism, Moderate and \Severe Learning Difficulties. They are a small special school who prides themselves in creating a happy, caring and supportive atmosphere where every pupil is encouraged and inspired to achieve their potential and develop a love of learning. Their pupils are at the heart of everything they do. They make sure every decision they make is made by firstly considering what is in the best interest of their pupils.
Ideal Candidate will:
• Have a recognised Teaching Assistant Qualification would be advantageous
• Have a minimum of 3 months experience working in an education setting, working with students with Special Educational Needs – Especially Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) and Autism (ASD)
• Have experience using communication methods; such as British Sign Language (BSL) and Makaton would be desirable
• Have an enhanced DBS certificate registered to the update service or willing to pay and apply for a new certificate
• Have the ability to tailor their skills to meet the needs of each individual child
• Be kind, caring and patient when dealing with children who require specialist support
What to do next?
Register your interest with Twenty4Seven Education today by contacting Elle/Allan from our Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 or e-mail an up-to-date CV to email@example.com.
Key Benefits of working with Twenty4Seven Education:
• Competitive rates of pay
• Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
• FREE Safeguarding Training
• £100 For All Referral Scheme
• Early notification of Training/Courses/Workshops
• FREE or heavily discounted CPD Courses (Level 2 TA Course, BSL Certification, Mental Wellbeing of Children Certification and Paediatric First Aid Course)
• Minimal Administration
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.