Full-Time SEN School Support Worker – Halesowen
SEN Specialism: ASC and Complex Needs
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Ongoing – Full-Time Only
Pay Rate: £75-£90 per day
We are looking for multiple passionate and resilient FULL-TIME SEN School Support Workers/Teaching Assistants for a Special School in Halesowen, Birmingham to join their team, starting ASAP an ongoing basis. You will be supporting students of primary and secondary ages.
You MUST be able to commute to Halesowen on a full-time basis!
This job will require you to assist the teacher in providing an exciting and engaging curriculum, as well as supporting a small number of students who need that extra bit of help to reach their full academic potential. You will be encouraging a positive and inclusive atmosphere within the classroom, which will positively influence the emotional, social and academic development of the children.
This ‘Good’ Ofsted rated SEN School located in Halesowen caters for students aged 4-19 identified with Autism (ASC) and Complex Needs. Their mission statement is ‘Achieve, Believe and Challenge’. Following this, they aim to give their pupils independence and life skills for their future, in order that they may become valued members of their community and society. All their pupils are valued as individuals. Their aim to motivate their pupils to achieve their aspirations and full potential whilst fully supporting their families.
Ideal Candidate will:
• Have a recognised Teaching Assistant Qualification would be advantageous
• Have a minimum of 3 months experience working in an education setting, working with students with Special Educational Needs – Especially Autism (ASD) and Complex Needs.
• Have experience using communication methods; such as British Sign Language (BSL) and Makaton would be desirable
• Have an enhanced DBS certificate registered to the update service or willing to pay and apply for a new certificate
• Have the ability to tailor their skills to meet the needs of each individual child
• Be kind, caring and patient when dealing with children who require specialist support
What to do next?
Register your interest with Twenty4Seven Education today by contacting Elle/Allan from our Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 or e-mail an up-to-date CV to email@example.com.
Key Benefits of working with Twenty4Seven Education:
• Competitive rates of pay
• Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
• FREE Safeguarding Training
• £100 For All Referral Scheme
• Early notification of Training/Courses/Workshops
• FREE or heavily discounted CPD Courses (Level 2 TA Course, BSL Certification, Mental Wellbeing of Children Certification and Paediatric First Aid Course)
• Minimal Administration
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.