SEN Teacher – Bromsgrove
Location: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
SEN Specialism: ASC and/or Learning Difficulties
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Full-Time – ongoing
Pay Rate: £130-200 per day
A SEN School in Bromsgrove is looking for a dedicated SEN Teacher to join their team full-time, starting ASAP on an ongoing basis.
You will be responsible for teaching a class of children with additional needs, meaning that you must be able to adjust your teaching methods and the existing curriculum to meet the needs of each individual child. It is important that you help and inspire the children to help them reach their true academic potential! Planning is also involved in this role.
If this interests you, please contact Elle from the Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 or email an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This ‘Good’ Ofsted rated SEN School located in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire caters for students aged 4-19 identified with Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) and a range of Learning Difficulties. They provide a safe, positive, stimulating and challenging learning environment where all their pupils’ needs are identified and met and where progress, achievements and success are recognised and celebrated. In addition, they develop pupil’s personal responsibility and encourage decision making and choice. To achieve this they listen to and respect their pupils’ voice and contributions, communicating with them through whatever means appropriate. Their children are supported to make good judgements; to protect themselves and to manage their emotions and communicate ideas and they ensure their young people are ready for life’s opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
· PGCE, Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training is essential for this role
· Experience teaching SEN (especially ASC)
· Minimum 1 years’ experience working with children and young people in the last 5 years including those identified with special needs – particularly those identified with Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC).
· Experience of adhering and contributing to Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP), Annual Reviews and Behaviour Support Plans
· Excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum
· Experience of using communication aids such as British Sign Language, Makaton or PECS is advantageous but not essential
· Enhanced DBS registered or willing to acquire a new certificate
· Can effectively manage behaviour using positive behaviour strategies
· The ability to tailor their skills to meet the needs of each individual child
· Will be kind, caring and patient when dealing with children who require specialist support
What to do next?
As stated before, please register your interest with Twenty4Seven Education by contacting Elle from the Birmingham Office on 0121 817 0400, or send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com.
Key Benefits of working with Twenty4Seven Education:
· Competitive rates of pay
· Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
· FREE Safeguarding Training
· £100 For All Referral Scheme
· Early notification of Training/Courses/Workshops
· FREE or heavily discounted CPD Courses (Level 2 TA Course, BSL Certification, Mental Wellbeing of Children Certification and Paediatric First Aid Course)
· Minimal Administration
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.