SEN Teacher – Coventry – October
A SEN School in Coventry is looking for a SEN Teacher to join their team on a full-time basis, starting in October.
You MUST be able to commute to Coventry on a regular basis!
You will be responsible for teaching groups of children with special educational needs, meaning that you must be able to adjust your teaching methods and the existing curriculum to meet the needs of each individual child. It is important that you will help and inspire the children to help them reach their true academic potential!
If this interests you, please contact Elle from the Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 or email an up-to-date CV to email@example.com.
This ‘Good’ Ofsted rated SEN School located in Coventry caters for students aged 9-19 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs (SEMH). They believe that it is more than a school, it is a community; bringing together children, their families and carers and dedicated staff to offer life changing opportunities for young people that have social, emotional and mental health needs. They believe that their outstanding children deserve the very best and they are unwavering in our determination to offer them this.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
· PGCE, Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training is essential for this role
· Minimum 1 years’ experience working with children and young people in the last 5 years including those identified with special needs – particularly those identified with ASD, MLD, SLD
· Experience of adhering and contributing to Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP), Annual Reviews and Behaviour Support Plans
· Excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum
· Experience of using communication aids such as British Sign Language, Makaton or PECS is advantageous but not essential
· Enhanced DBS registered or willing to acquire a new certificate
· Can effectively manage behaviour using positive behaviour strategies
· The ability to tailor their skills to meet the needs of each individual child
· Will be kind, caring and patient when dealing with children who require specialist support
What to do next?
As stated before, please register your interest with Twenty4Seven Education by contacting Elle from the Birmingham Office on 0121 817 0400, or send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Benefits of working with Twenty4Seven Education:
· Competitive rates of pay
· Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
· FREE Safeguarding Training
· £100 For All Referral Scheme
· Early notification of Training/Courses/Workshops
· FREE or heavily discounted CPD Courses (Level 2 TA Course, BSL Certification, Mental Wellbeing of Children Certification and Paediatric First Aid Course)
· Minimal Administration
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.