SEN Teacher – Evesham– ASAP
* Location: Evesham
* Start date: ASAP – December in the first instance
* SEN specialism: MLD, SLD, PMLD, ASC
* Pay rate: £110-£150
An innovative and nurturing Specialist School for Cognition and Learning in Evesham is seeking a creative, dedicated and qualified Teacher to teach Year 9/10 with a particular focus on Maths. This is a full time role starting ASAP until December however, this has the potential to be extended into the new year. The work can be challenging but watching the progress of the pupils can also be extremely rewarding.
Register your interest today with Twenty4Seven Education by calling Katie/Charlotte from the Worcester office.
This ‘Good’ Ofsted rated Special Needs School caters for pupils aged 2 to 19 years, who have moderate, severe, and profound learning difficulties (MLD, SLD, PMLD). Many of their pupils have other barriers to their learning including Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC), challenging behaviour, physical disabilities and complex health needs. They strive to provide an inclusive, holistic provision that ensures the security and care for every child, thereby enabling them to reach their full potential in an encouraging and supportive environment.
We are looking for qualified Teachers who:
* Have a passion for education and the ability to teach pupils in an exciting and engaging way
* Can plan and deliver high-quality, inspirational, creative and thought provoking lessons
to pupils including those identified with MLD, SLD, PMLD, ASC
* Have excellent up to date knowledge of the National Curriculum and assessment including the DfE Engagement Model (Teacher assessment tool for those working below the level of the National Curriculum)
* Have a good understanding of the SEN Code of Practice
* Have the ability to adhere and contribute to Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP), Annual Reviews and Behaviour Support Plans
* Have a good understanding of child development and learning processes
* Have been involved in developing pupils’ reading skills by using words, signs, symbols and/or objects of reference is beneficial
* Have had experience of using communication aids such as British Sign Language, Makaton or PECS is admirable
* Can monitor and assess pupils effectively maintaining high expectations, to enable every child to fulfil their potential
* Have excellent communication (verbal and written) and organisation skills
* Can demonstrate highly effective positive classroom and behaviour management in line with the School policy
* Have the ability to form positive professional relationships with young children and staff
* Are able to use their initiative to work independently and who can contribute to and work as part of a team in their Department
* Are reliable and flexible to suit the expectations of the School
* QTS, QTLS, PGCE or equivalent is essential for this role
* Minimum of 12 months teaching experience is essential for this role
* Have eligibility to work in the UK or be a UK resident
* Two teaching references covering the last 2 years
* Enhanced DBS registered to the update service or willingness to obtain a new certificate
* Safeguarding training within the last 12 months (if you haven’t we provide a free course once you’ve undergone our relevant compliance checks)
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 referral scheme for both you and those you recommend (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.