SEN Teacher – Pilning, Gloucestershire – September
Salary: £25,714.00 – £41,604.00 (M1 – UPS2)
A Special Needs School in Pilning, Gloucestershire is seeking a full time inspirational, dedicated and qualified Teacher, starting September for an ongoing role. This innovative School provides specialist education for children and young people aged 7-19 with communication and associated difficulties. Their students may be on the Autistic Spectrum (ASD), have Asperger’s Syndrome and/or have Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs (SEMH).
Register your interest today by calling Katie/Charlotte from the Worcester office on 01905 896 665 or email an up to date CV to email@example.com
Your new role:
The School are looking for an inspirational and engaging SEN Class Teacher to deliver high quality teaching and learning to children and young people with special educational needs, who may present with challenging behaviours associated with their needs. You will also be required to operate as English Subject Lead and take on Middle Leaders’ responsibilities.
The ideal candidate:
* PGCE, Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training is essential for this role
* Experience working with children and young people in the last 5 years including those identified with special needs – particularly those identified with ASD and SEMH
* Experience of adhering and contributing to Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP) and Annual Reviews
* Excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum – especially English
* Knowledge of educational methods such as SPELL and TEACCH is desirable
* Experience of using communication aids such as British Sign Language, Makaton or PECS is advantageous
* Have the ability to effectively manage behaviour
* Team Teach, MAPA or equivalent trained is admirable but not essential
* Right to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS on the Update Service. Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 For All Referral Scheme – £100 for referrer and £100 for referred candidate (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses including British Sign Language and Mental wellbeing of children certification
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Early notification of training/courses/workshops
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.