SEN School Support Worker/Teaching Assistant Birmingham ASAP
* Location: Lea Hall, Birmingham
* Start date: ASAP
* SEN specialism: ASD, SLD, SLCN and CB (autism, severe learning difficulties, difficulties, speech, learning and communication and Challenging behaviour)
* Contract: Full Time – ASAP until ongoing
* Hours: 8:30am – 3.30pm
* Pay rate: £75-£85 per day
SEN School Support Workers/ Teaching Assistants in the Birmingham area.
We supply various SEND and SEMH schools including primary and secondary special needs schools in Birmingham . We require SEN support workers or TAs (teaching assistants) who are passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated to supporting children and young adults with special educational needs such at autism/learning difficulties and challenging behaviour. These schools deal with children with moderate and severe needs. There may also be speech, language and communication difficulties.
Applicants must be willing to work with children and young adults with MLD/SLD/ASD. They must also have relevant and previous experience working with SEND children or adults.
This role is a full-time ( 5 full days) role long term (ongoing) in a school working 8.30am till 3.30pm. This could lead to a permanent role.
· Experience with SEND children and young adults
· Willing to travel to schools in Birmingham
· Want a full time work position
· A calm, caring, considerate, compassionate manner, being most of all patient.
· An understanding of challenging behaviour and safeguarding
· Child and adult DBS check on update service or willing to complete a new one
· Excellent knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of current legislation
· Team Teach is desirable but not a must
· Communication and language experience is desirable but not a must
· Experience working with special needs
Typical duties of a SEND Teaching Assistant:
· Attend to the pupils’ personal needs and suggest or implement related programmes
· Supervise and support pupils in access to learning
· Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Support Plans and Personal Care programmes.
· Provide feedback to pupils concerning progress and achievement under the guidance of a teacher.
· Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils’ achievements, progress and problems.
· Personal care
The key benefits of working with us are:
· Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
· Competitive rates of pay
· £100 referral scheme for you and those you recommend
· CPD courses
· A variety of daily positions with flexible hours across the school week
· Long-term positions to suit your needs
· Opportunities to progress in your career
· Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
We are very keen to speak with Learning Support Assistants, Residential Workers, Youth workers, SEN Teaching Assistants, and Support Workers interested in this position. If you feel that this is you, please get in touch ASAP!
Call Allan/Elizabeth on 0121 817 0400 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants attend an interview (online) and undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including an application form.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. Therefore, this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
ASC ASD Autism Aspergers ADD ADHD Behavioural support bsl qualified british sign language deaf blind complex needs challenging behaviour downs syndrome dyslexia EBD epilepsy first aid global delay hearing impairments handling & movement languages support learning difficulties multiple learning difficulties LSA learning support mental health manual handling microcephaly MAPA Makaton mld physical disabilities Phonics pastoral physical pru pupil referral unit sensory impairments SEND SEMH SLD SEN social emotional mental health sen support send support special education speech and language SpLD support worker special needs team teach TA teaching assistant vulnerable children visual impairment youth worker alternative provision,