Full-Time SEN Teaching Assistant – Redditch
Location: Redditch, Worcestershire
SEN Specialism: Broad Spectrum (1:1 Mainstream)
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Ongoing – Full-Time Only
Pay Rate: £75-£90 per day
We are looking for multiple passionate and resilient FULL-TIME SEN School Support Workers/Teaching Assistants for a Primary School in Redditch, Worcestershire to join their team, starting ASAP an ongoing basis.
You MUST be able to commute to Redditch on a full-time basis Monday-Friday 8:30am-3:30pm!
This job will require you to assist the teacher in providing an exciting and engaging curriculum, as well as supporting a small number of students with additional needs who need that extra bit of help to reach their full academic potential. You will be encouraging a positive and inclusive atmosphere within the classroom, which will positively influence the emotional, social and academic development of the children.
This forward-thinking First School located in Redditch, Worcestershire caters for students aged 4-9 and are inclusive to students identified with a broad spectrum of Special Educational Needs (SEN). They aim to inspire their children with their curriculum which is designed to motivate and engage the children in their learning. They want all their children to be lifelong learners with high aspirations for their futures. They strive to make the time their children spend at school as fun, exciting, engaging and as memorable as possible. They recognise that children learn best when they have an emotional connection to the activities they are participating in. They do this through a stimulating, vibrant curriculum but also by bringing in outside people and by taking the children out on trips and visits.
Ideal Candidate will:
• Have a recognised Teaching Assistant Qualification would be advantageous
• Have a minimum of 3 months experience working in an education setting, working with students with Special Educational Needs – Especially Autism (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD).
• Have experience using communication methods; such as British Sign Language (BSL) and Makaton would be desirable
• Have an enhanced DBS certificate registered to the update service or willing to pay and apply for a new certificate
• Have the ability to tailor their skills to meet the needs of each individual child
• Be kind, caring and patient when dealing with children who require specialist support
What to do next?
Register your interest with Twenty4Seven Education today by contacting Elle from our Worcester office on 01905 896665 or e-mail an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Benefits of working with Twenty4Seven Education:
• Competitive rates of pay
• Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
• FREE Safeguarding Training
• £100 For All Referral Scheme
• Early notification of Training/Courses/Workshops
• FREE or heavily discounted CPD Courses (Level 2 TA Course, BSL Certification, Mental Wellbeing of Children Certification and Paediatric First Aid Course)
• Minimal Administration
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.